Friday, November 30, 2007

Milestones

Okay, okay. Sorry for not posting in the last few days. I keep seeing readers checking my blog, probably hoping to get a glimpse as to what is going on. The week has been pretty boring. Nothing to write home about. Oh yeah. Except that Rob and I are trying to have a baby.


WHAT???


Yes, it's true. Now I'm sure there are a few readers on here who are thinking "Why didn't you tell me? God what a horrible friend you are" (I'm mainly thinking of D here). But with the holidays and my recital and everything else, it just didn't come up. Sorry friends! You know I love you.

Now, for the 4 people who read this blog, back to the baby chat. It was a few weeks ago, when I just realized, "I'm ready". I think a big hurdle was getting past all the shit that has burdened me for years and realizing it was good to let it go. A year ago, I could barely take care of myself, let alone another person. But I've been having crazy baby radar for a few weeks now, and Rob and I are officially trying. Well... we're not trying, but we're not not trying. If it happens, yay. If it doesn't, that's fine, too. But we're kinda hoping it does....

In other news, Rob and I spent this evening down in the Village of East Davenport at the Christmas Walk. Every year, for two weekends, this small Victorian Village puts on a beautiful Christmas Walk with food, music, Sleigh Rides and Santa. The Turner Hall is there, where our theatre space is located, and we spent about 90 minutes singing some Christmas tunes and whatnot. It was fun when a group of youngsters came in and sang "Rudolph" with me, complete with all the interjections i.e. "Like a lightbulb!"

The Village at Christmas


Rob and I have decided to head to NYC in March to visit Kels and her husband Josh. (Kels played Svetlana in Chess with me last year) We are so thrilled to get back to the city, as it was Thanksgiving of 2004 the last time we were there. Now that the Stagehand Strike is over, we're hoping to get to see some shows. Although I'm ready to head off-Broadway this time for some GOOD theatre, not the over-priced, over-produced crap we saw last time. Don't get me wrong, seeing Wicked and Rent both live and in-person in New York wasn't anything to shake a stick at. But I'm ready to see some great performances rather than the glitz.

So. That's it for now my lovelies.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Baby. Wow!
If it's a boy, Jason is always a strong name ;)

AE said...

Good for you! It's lovely that you're feeling ready for something like this. I'm so glad the move has been such a great thing for you guys. And your theater seems to be in a spiffy location - congratulations.

You can probably see me stopping by the blog when I'm supposed to be working (such as now) so thanks for the update! :)

q... said...

stalkstalkstalk..hehehehe

Yes, my eye brows raised! You heard them! I am very happy for you both...keep practicing..;) You both will rock as mommy and daddy.

"Changes, they are a foot." she says.