Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Time



Happy Thanksgiving to all. I do hope that all of you have a wonderful day with family, friends... and food. May you all have full bellies and be thankful for whatever it is that makes you happy! I'll be snuggling with my nephew and eating lots of green bean casserole and my caramel walnut shortbread tart (it is as good as it sounds).

In other news, YES! Our theatre company is now a non-profit entity, filed under the IRS' 501c3 public charity. WAHOO! This means anyone can now donate to our organization tax free! The big one is that we are eligible for government and foundational grants. That basically means free money. YAY for us!

Yesterday was a bit surreal for me. I ran into an ex-boyfriends Mom. Wow was that weird. She was always so wonderful to me, despite her son being a fuckhead. We chatted for a few minutes, and she told me that he is going to Palmer (the chiropractic school here in town), married and has a 2 year old daughter. Ouch. I can't imagine him married and having a child. I hope he doesn't fuck her up too bad. Ah well, Rob and I schmoozed a bit about how awesome we are. Lets hope it gets back to him. I love schmoozing. You can tell someone how great your life is and leave out all the bad stuff. Like "My husband is a doctor of music and teaches at Augustana. I own my own vocal studio and just formed my own theatre company". We always leave stuff out like "We're so god-awful broke and our credit sucks so bad that we can't buy a house". Makes me wonder what she left out talking about him.

My voice recital is this weekend- anyone interested in coming should send me a message and I'll tell you when and where!

No comments: