Monday, November 26, 2007

Week in Review

Well hello, fair readers. I do trust that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Ours was pretty great, too. Rob ate about six desserts on Thursday, which led to lots of stomach aches throughout the following days, but we had a blast. Let's recount, shall we?

Wednesday night, Rob and I decided to go see Enchanted, which was the first time we've been to a movie since June! I'll tell you, it was quite adorable. I am totally in love with Amy Adams (of Junebug and Catch me if you can), who plays Giselle, the Disney-esqe princess who falls down a wishing well on her wedding day, only to end up under a manhole in Times Square. It wasn't sugary-sweet as you might expect, and it was really quite an entertaining, girl-power sort of movie. Rob loved it too, as the performances in this production were spot on. Also, Idina Menzel of Wicked fame stars as Patrick Dempsey's high-powered New York fashion designer girlfriend. If you get the chance, go see it! It was a perfect ending to a night filled with cold and blowing midwestern snow and ice.



Thursday we finally got to see our fam, which included our little 3 year old nephew Enzo. Boy does he love his Aunt Allison and Uncle Rob. He had a great time playing with his trucks with Uncle Rob.


A few months back, Rob and I taught Enzo to "Rock Out". It's nice to know it's sticking.


To end the day, Enzo got a monster piece of chocolate cake. Back at Mom's after the big day, he continued to spin and sing uncontrollably until he would fall in my lap. It was awesome.


After a long day, Rob crawled into bed with the dogs. Aren't they cute?


Lou, Tina, Enzo, Rob and me


We were able to spend some quality time with the fam while they were here before they headed back to Michigan Sunday morning.

Sunday afternoon was my big recital! I totally rocked it, and only had two brain farts during the performance. All my dearest friends and family were there to enjoy, as well as my students. It was a great day, ending with pizza at Old Chicago, and wine and chocolates with my girlfriends Ann and Les. All in all, a great weekend.

No comments: