Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Incredibly Shrinking Woman: Part II

For my faithful readers, many will remember that 18 months ago, I was in the middle of the production of Chess. During that time, I started my Pilates regimen that I've stuck with ever since, and my body started to change. I usually always lose weight during a show, but this was a big deal for me. As I've aged, I've come to understand how hard it is to stay slim. I was not blessed with a beautiful metabolism that allows me to eat potato chips for dinner (wouldn't that be awesome??) like I was able to do at 22. At 30, I really have to work to stay healthy. I work out every day, I eat right, I drink a lot of water, I very rarely drink alcohol, I don't smoke, and I get plenty of sleep. I usually feel pretty great, with the exception of not getting enough sleep or water.

Back to the point. Last year, I was able to get down to a size 10 during the run of Chess (read about it here). That was a big thing for me, as I've struggled with my weight ever since I turned 24.

Since joining Weight Watchers again 6 weeks ago, Rob and I have been dropping the weight and feeling good. My old pal size 10's from Old Navy were feeling a bit big the last few weeks. But while in Cincinnati, a worn place right on the upper thigh of the pants finally broke through, and there was my milky white buttcheek, hanging out for the whole world to see (sorry to Nati friends if you caught a glimpse). It was too late for me to run and get a new pair before the evening's festivities, so I went out with that giant hole in my ass. Ah well... I knew it was time to buy a new pair, but I was concerned about buying another size 10 when I knew size 8's were not too far ahead. Today, I bought a new pair of jeans. And check it out.


Size 8's, baby!!!! F*CK YEAH! I haven't been a size 8 since I was 15! It's a happy day. I'd really like to celebrate with a giant slice of Eli's cheesecake, but I think I'll pass.

No comments: