Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Incredibly Shrinking Woman

I really hate to brag. I'm not one of those people who enjoys talking about myself, unless I'm pretty comfortable with someone. But those of you who read my blog are all my close friends, so I'll make an exception. Just this once.

When I moved to Cincinnati in September of 2002, I was a whopping 175 pounds and a size 14. I was so uncomfortable, you wouldn't believe it. Those of you ever battling the bulge will know this feeling. I joined Weight Watchers a few weeks later and lost 25 pounds in 4 months. I've kept most of it off the past three years, but have always struggled with those last 5-10 pounds.

Then I discovered pilates about 6 weeks ago. As most of you know, I've lost about 15 inches since beginning the program. I'm still eating on the Weight Watchers principles- portion control and eating very healthy. This combination has led me down a path of healthy living and good body image. It's been such a wonderful experience. I feel healthy, energized, and damn, I look good.

I had an interesting Monday. I had that experience where you try on a pair of pants that you think will fit, and it turns out they are too big. So I try a smaller size. Wait. What? Seriously? Yes, friends, I tried on a size 8. Now, they almost fit in some places and not in others. Damn body types. Why do certain companies believe that all women are shaped the same? Jerks. So I opted for the 10's. Which fit great everywhere but my ass, where there is still room for extra cheekage. But I'm happy. I haven't worn a size 10 since high school. I definately won't bitch.



I don't necessarily want to lose any more weight. My wrists already look like a skeleton with skin stretched across it. I hope my body evens out soon. However, like I said, I'm quite happy with the results so far. Hail Mari Winsor and her pilates program. What have I done all these years without her?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pilates rocks! I've started it about 4 mths back and I luv the results!