Friday, May 19, 2006

Happy

I am happy. For the first time in a very long time, I feel elated. I have a feeling that my life is headed in a good direction. I have no idea what is in store for me, but I'm not afraid of not having a plan. I'm living my life one day at a time, and for now, that works.

I think one of the big reasons I feel this way is having a whole new crew of people in my life who mean the world to me. Chess was a perfect way for me to give my performing chops a boost, but it also brought so many people into my life that I wouldn't know what to do if they hadn't been there. Let me tell you about them...

B- or "B-squared" as Charlie calls him. My friend, my big brother. He's been such a good friend over the past 6 weeks. I think he understands me. He sees me in a way not many get to. Because I'm so closed off emotionally to most people, he's lucky for being able to see the skeletons in my closet. After this picture was taken last night, B commented on his "huge nose". Please. I pointed out my own large nose and B said if we ever had babies, those poor beak-nosed children. Add in the fact that we're both incredibly tall and you'd have some horribly large-nosed, Sasquatch-limbed kids. Yikes.


Here are Chuck and Melissa. Two wonderfully beautiful people. Mel and I have some things in common, and it's nice to have a girl in my life I can actually talk to and not feel judged. Thanks girl!


Chuck- my guy. One of the most over-protective friends I have. But I love him for it. Chuck will give it to me straight-up. He's honest, which I love about him. Plus he has the most gorgeous, come-hither blue eyes I've ever seen. Purrrrrr.


Just wanted to add this one in. People, whether they know it or not, always love to Rock Out. Don't let them tell you otherwise. Everyone needs a little Pat Benatar every once in a while.


My boys- Derek, Brian A and Charlie. Each one holds a special place within me. Derek, who is also a hummus freak (thought I was the only one) and always in an argyle sweater. Love that about him! Brian A. My Anatoly. With his smile that could light up a room. A great kisser, I might add. And Charlie. My dear friend. A fantastic listener, always with great advice and a magic make-up brush. Thanks for making Flo so damned hot.


Sarah- my girlfriend. Again a wonderful woman with whom I have so much in common. We had the privelege of sharing a dressing room for Chess and got to know so much about each other. Plus I love that she has purses made out of seatbelts. How awesome is that!


Of course there are many others from the cast that I connected with. Matt, Kels, Babs. I just don't have the pics of them to show you!

Love you all. Rock on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HATE that i missed out on Thursday night rockout AND Friday movie outing. . .I hope I'll get to see everybody soon. . .these people in my new show are NOTHING compared to my fabulous new friends from Chess. Give Maddie a big old birthday kiss for me! My other show is over this weekend! Freedom! (except for that show Im directing. . .lol) SOON!
Babs