Friday, May 12, 2006

The end is near....

Can't stop this feeling of knowing the inevitable is coming. We have two shows left. I decided at the beginning of last night's (Thursday) show, I didn't care much anymore. I was gonna give Flo a helluva ride out. I just want to have fun these last shows- enjoy the time I have left as this woman... and to rock out Nobody's Side just a few more times. Kelsey said it best- being Flo doesn't take me away from the changes in my life, it only has taken me deeper. Well said.

I will miss these people, my sudo-family, in the weeks to come. But I know that I will keep in contact with the ones who I've grown close with. A dear friend says not to be sad about the end coming. To know that I've grown as a performer, and have made good connections with some fine people should get me through. Maybe it's enough. We shall see.

The best part is Lesley comes tomorrow. My rock, my girl, my best friend. She hasn't seen me perform in 8 years. Bout damn time! I'm excited to introduce her to all my friends, to show her my life here in Cincinnati. I hope she is proud of me. What would make it complete would be if my other best girl, Ann, could be here, too. Alas, she lives in AZ. That would be quite a trek for her. But I know she'll be here in spirit.

In the words of Elliott Harrison Brown... FLO!

No comments: