Sunday, November 11, 2007

Week in Review

With Ike being sick, not sleeping for weeks on end, and just feeling a general malaise, I hoped a few days in Cincinnati would help me to relax. Well, I didn't have much time to do that, but being there definitely helped me to set the reset button, which was something I desperately needed to do after the crazy month Rob and I have had.

Rob had the opportunity to accompany the Augie choir, as well as accompany the district choir fest in DeKalb on Saturday, so I headed off all by my lonesome to the great state of Ohio. The drive both there and back was gorgeous, as 90% of the trees still retained their leaves, and the colors were spectacular.

Arriving in the Nati at 3, I quickly got ready while having a catch-up conversation with my pal Matt, who I was staying with. I headed over to CCM and listened in on Jess' lesson (Jess is my old student I sent to Pat when we left for CA). After, it was my turn to sing, where I proceeded to have about the best voice lesson I've had in my entire life. It rocked. Pat and I headed over to Universal Grille for some wine, grub and gossip before we made our way to the Jarson-Kaplan to see my pals in Follies.

Follies is a ridiculously hard Sondheim show, with a great storyline and super music. However, this production lacked most due to the fact there was no vocal director. Which I found odd because most CMT shows always have a vocal director. Especially if it's Sondheim. Oh well, I was entertained for a few hours, and that was all I was asking for.

Friday morning I was off to see Nikki, goddess-hairstylist, who fixed the chunky-ass cut I got a few weeks ago. Nikki is the best. I've made the decision that every time I need a haircut, I'm going back to Nati. It's a great excuse to get back and see everyone, and get a great cut at the same time.

My baby Chuck and I enjoyed a much-needed coffee talk over noodles at Shanghai Mamma's downtown, before meeting everyone over at Below Zero for cocktails late in the evening. I had a nice conversation with P-dub regarding joining the military (sorry P-dub love, you still can't convince me on that whole "buddy program" idea), and B showed up, sporting his long locks that inspired everyone to say "that guy looks like Matthew McConaughey". I drank way too many martinis and probably said some inappropriate things, but whatever, right? And everyone liked the fact that I'm starting to wear red lipstick. It was one of my decisions of turning 30 was that I was going to start wearing red lipstick. It's hot.


Jason, Jonathan, Blake and Chuck at Below Zero.


On the left, P-dub, and Alan with his "Pucker of Death".



Chuck and I, with my own Pucker of Death.



Chuck and Jonathan.

Being in the Nati only made me realize how much I miss the GD place. I miss my friends. I miss the theatre community. I miss the city. I never thought I would say this, but I'd love to move back someday. I love that place.

Saturday, hungover and groaning with embarrassment over things I had said the night before, I packed up the car and headed home. Ike and Maddy were thrilled to see me, and I did a few things to get ready for D's belated Halloween party. It was a grand night of good friends and crazy costumes. Check them out.

Julian, Peggy and D



Rosie the Riveter a.k.a. Beth



JC... am unsure of the costume.


Andy, looking quite disheveled


D and I. Yes, I was an 80's rock chick. Wishing I could find that hot pink wig....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sexy hair! I mean your real hair, not the wig...although the wig is cute.

Dang I wish my hair was straight...

q... said...

omg.
I look like a big blue cotton ball.
*snicker*
Dorothy? Where are your red shoes? NO WHERE! Alice in Wonderland fool!!! Where is my f*cking rabbit!!! bahahahahaha