Thursday, November 15, 2007

Paralyzed



Oh my...

Leaving Cincinnati last weekend was probably the hardest thing I had to do in a long time. Like leaving it the first time all those months ago for our disappointing adventure in California.




I will often get pangs for San Francisco. Or San Diego. These are the parts of CA I desperately love and miss. But not like Cincinnati.

I am unsure what it is about the place that I love so much. The people, yes, of course. Maybe it's the fact that the theatre community is established there, and I know I'm facing an uphill battle here in the QC. Not that I'm not up for that! I respect the small, hard-working theatre organizations in this fine little secret part of the world. But I miss being able to check CinStages and finding there are 10 shows I can audition for if I want to.

Maybe it's because in the past week, I've been asked twice by folks from Cincinnati companies to come and audition for them. Ugh. What I would give to be able to stick around and work with them again, but no.


Leaving was paralyzing. It was like I was being pulled in two directions. For reasons I won't go into on my blog. I just miss my friends. I love that I'm making new friends right and left here. But no one can compare to Charlie. Sweet, lovable, blunt Charlie. Or my Chuck, who changed my life. Or B. Or Matt or J. Or Mark or P-dub or Alan or any single person I was so lucky to have touch my life.



I miss you guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice love letter to the Nati.
It misses you, and we all know that your successes will continue.

It's funny, I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum, trying to find my footing here in Cincinnati, just as you have left. Wish you were here to help that along. Then again, we're both only an afternoon's drive away :)

Anonymous said...

Miss you tons here, too...but as Jason said, at least you are a lot closer now. If I'm not in Vegas, would love to see you at New Year's....
Mark