Sunday, February 24, 2008

Week in Review

Spring Break is almost here! I can't wait. Although my Spring Break is only three days long. That's okay. Rob and I are headed to Dubuque and Galena for a few days. We're going to see my pal Megan, visit Clarke (it's been 6 years since I've been back!), shop, snuggle, and generally relax.




Yesterday I auditioned for Evita, which will go up in August. I was called-back for Eva, which is today at 4. I was given 5 songs to learn i.e. Belt. They weren't too difficult, but holy crow does Evita have to wail! I've been instructed by my pal Derek to "Belt to Jesus!" at the callback today. Now that I'm not sick, it will be a pleasure. Will keep you all updated as to what happens.

Of course, if I get the role, baby-making will go on hold until the show is over. That is a terribly demanding role for a non-pregnant woman... can you imagine?! So, really this is a win/win for me. If I get the role, great! If I don't, then we can still make babies, which is just as important. Plus then I'd get to audition for Green Room's Assasins, which goes up in August as well. I could definately get away with playing a preggers Squeaky Fromme.

Last night Rob played with the Augustana Symphony and totally rocked it. I've never, in our 8 years together, seen him play something so demanding and BIG (Mozart Piano Concerto in D minor). It was really quite a sight. We joined Rob's folks and aunt at VI afterward for pie, then home to crash, as he was exhausted.

Auditions for our company are coming up very soon! I can't believe how close it is, only 3 more weeks! Agh!

No comments: