Thursday, December 13, 2007

Chemistry


There is something to be said about Chemistry.

So, I guess I'll do it.

Over a lifetime, we meet people that we could give a shit about. We also meet people who we have a connection to that we cannot explain. And there are many different types of connections. There is the connection that I have with Chuck. A deep understanding of who we are, with no pretense or question or judgement. Like the one I have with Lesley, who has known me since the 9th grade and will keep secrets until the day she dies. Or the one with my husband, who understands me better than any man I've ever known, and accepts the fact that I'm a crazy person with the line "I would hate it if you were boring and normal. You being crazy? That's a challenge. And I love a challenge".

Then there are people who come into our lives unannounced that you have a pull towards and can't fathom, either. Like many of my new Prenzie friends. Each one of them has that little something that pulls me to them. Like D. Maybe it's her infectious giggle and energy and excellent listening skills or her insane love for Supernatural just as I have. And Matt Moody, who's quick wit and beautiful prose makes you want to sit next to him at the party all night long.

But yesterday I met someone, and the second he walked in the door, there was this... energy. Have you ever felt that with someone? I'm sure you have. Yes, at first it was a physical pull. The guy is a hottie. But more than that, there was an understanding between two people who enjoy the same kind of art, whose personalities mirror each other. I love moments like that, when you find someone you can connect to on a level that is so much deeper than that "Small Talk" level I fucking despise. I find the older I get, the less patience I have for shit like that. And when you find someone you can TALK to about something that you are passionate for, it's hard not to feel this... pull to them.

My mother-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law are all chemists. I am sure they could tell me some things about chemistry. About why we are pulled to each other in the most scientific way possible. For me, it's about so much more than that, as to how we are connected. Maybe it's just that crazy person in me.

1 comment:

q... said...

*giggle* awwwwww
I totally understand what you mean.