Friday, December 28, 2007

The holiday

No, not that awful movie with Kate Winslet and Jack Black, I mean the one that has just passed.

How was yours? Ours was just fine. Despite Rob having a horrible chest cold, and my Dad also getting sick, we still had a pretty nice couple of days. This was the first time in 7 years that Rob and I actually bought presents for each other. Oh sure, we always did for the families, but never for us. We've been starving grad students up until just recently, so it just wasn't ever an option. I ended up getting Rob the Gold Edition DVD box set of the tv show Twin Peaks. Remember that show? Rob went apeshit over it when he opened it up, so I knew I had done well. Rob got me a mish-mash of stuff, but the best was the DVD box set of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I went apeshit, too, as I am a huge LOTR fan. I pretty much haven't left the basement, or my pajamas, in three days, as I've been on the couch watching them all. My folks got us a wine fridge, which was the cream of the crop for gifts this year.

Oh yeah, and we had a nice time with our families, too. Teehee.


We had a beautiful, heavy snow this morning, which left the entire QC snowed in (bode well for watching The Two Towers today). Here is the beautiful snow-covered tree in our front yard.


As far as New Years goes, we will be spending it with our dear friends the Prenzies, at Aaron and Jill's place. We are splendidly happy we have made a nice group of friends since our return to the QC. All of them are such wonderful people, and have accepted us as their own. We are thrilled to be able to spend the New Year holiday with all of them. We had planned to make the journey to Cincinnati, but it is going to have to wait a while. We miss our Nati friends very much, but isn't that what that song Auld Lang Syne is all about? Remembering old friends, but welcoming new ones, too? Ah, who knows.

No comments: