Monday, December 17, 2007

Week in Review

Braving the elements of the horrendous snow this weekend, my boys both made it in safe and sound. Kevin was the first to arrive Friday night, treating Rob and I to chinese food. We adjourned to the basement for brownies and conversation, then Chuck finally arrived from Nati late in the evening. It was the first time these two boys had met, after becoming friends via Myspace over 8 months ago. I was so thrilled to have both of them here, with me, in the same house!!

Saturday the boys came with us to hear my students perform in the academy recital (which was fabulous by the way), before heading back out into the blizzard the QC was fighting through. I was a bit nervous, considering the cabaret was scheduled for the evening.

The Cabaret? Flawless performances from my dear friends. We had a small crowd, probably due to the snowstorm, but still managed to make $100!!! Yahoo! I had a blast hearing my new friends perform, and after the show was finished, my high school choir director popped in and asked for an encore. It was so great to see him, and for him to hear me sing after 12 long years. Tristan also sang a little diddy, and Steph and Mags sang their duet again. Gang at the Cabaret

Here is a video of Tristan rocking Jamie. I didn't get the whole thing, but he still sounds like melted butter.


Kev took off Sunday morning, leaving Chuck, Rob and I to head out for mexican food late in the afternoon. Chuck experienced his first visit to Blaine's Farm and Fleet, which should always be experienced after a few margaritas. D popped by later for lasagna and wine, and we all called it a day at about 11pm. Chuck just left a while ago, and now it's back to the grind. What a great weekend!

1 comment:

q... said...

omg! I love that picture!!
I had such a great time and your boys are so fucking fabulous. Yes it deserved the F bomb. They are wonderful as was dinner! My treat soon!!