Wednesday, April 09, 2008

No clever title

This morning, I awoke from having the most intense dream of a man from my past. We were sitting on the bed, and I being a clearly married woman (most times in these dreams, I'm single, but not this one). He leaned in to kiss me, and I told him no, while the rest of my being screamed "YES".

I've had this dream about him countless times over the years. But this morning was different. In this dream, for the first time ever, I felt that he had regrets, too. For a long time, I have felt that he never felt for me what I felt for him. I could be right. But in my dream, I felt validated. Because he wanted me. That was a great feeling.


On another note, I received a message from my freshman year roommate from Clarke, Gwen. Gwennie (as we called her then) has had a life adventure as interesting and exciting as mine, and I was thrilled to hear from her today. Gwen was such a good friend to me during my years at Clarke, and I wish she knew how much I appreciated her friendship and goodwill all those years. I know I took her for granted at times, and the grown-up in me wishes I could have taken those times back. But I'm so glad to have her back in my life again. I do hope we can reconnect soon, as the last time I saw her was my wedding day.


Have been exhausted from burning the candle at both ends. I need a vacation from my illness, from performances, from rehearsals. Looks like it won't be for quite some time.

1 comment:

cszponce said...

I've got a title for this post: "Subconscious Closure"

Yes? No? Aw well, I tried.

Anyhoot, you and Rob should take a mini-vacation to Galena or something. Or even have a picnic in your living room some afternoon. Little things like that are fun and all reconnecty.