Sunday, April 06, 2008

Week in Review

How is it possible I still have time to blog? Or to even breathe?

Ah well, twas a mighty busy week, once again. I am finally healthy, and the voice is back with a venegence, which did bode well for our all Sondheim cabaret performances last night at The Green Room Theatre. We had a blast, and afterward, headed over to (where else) The Blue Cat for beers and pub fries. We then headed over to Aaron and Jill's for some fun with the Prenzies. In attendance were Steph and Jeff, D, Eddie (who played a mean jam session on guitar with some other guy on a drum), Dustin and his wife, Mags, JC, and probably some other people I'm forgetting. I confessed to Aaron that Rob has a major Man-Crush on him, and Aaron proceeded to confess of his Man-Crush for Rob. Rob now wants us to buy a house close to A and J. Am scared of never seeing my husband again should that happen. Ah, but I'm happy to see Rob have a good friend again in Aaron. It's been quite some time since he's had a really good friend.

Last week I auditioned for Assassins, which will take place at The Green Room in August. Alas, I was not cast. While I would have loved to be a part of that show and to work with the folks there, I'm actually kind of relieved. This summer, it will be Elegies, Kimberly, then Bees. Had I been cast in Assassins, I would have gone right into production after Bees, and quite honestly, I need a break. Sometimes, the cosmos hands you something, and this isn't something I want to hand back. So now, we get to spend a week on Glen Lake in Upper Peninsula Michigan, where Rob's folks have a time-share and have given us the week to spend there for free. We will gladly take it!

Have started rehearsals for Elegies, which are going great. I am excited to see where the show heads in the next weeks.

P leaves tomorrow for Monterey. I guess there could be worse places to spend your time. Lucky dog. Although, if I was going to Monterey, I'd rather be going there to vacation, not to learn 4 new languages in the Air Force. Good luck, love!

No comments: