Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week in Review

Rob is trying to tell me to stop worrying. I'm starting to freak out a little. When the thing you've been planning for years finally begins to happen, what do you do? I know in life you can't get anywhere by hemming and hawing and bemoaning every little thing. You have to dream big and take risks. Which is what I'm doing. But this is the scariest, most vunerable thing I've ever done. Starting my own theatre company has, yes, been my dream for who knows how long I can count. It's been well planned. Rob asks "what can go wrong?". Everything.

That being said, we open in just under 4 weeks, and things are looking pretty great. The space is coming along just as we'd like, the staging is happening this week. My cast is freaking amazing. I hope we get a decent audience, as we are eager to show the QC the kinds of musicals that are really great. The old war horses have their time and place, and musicals wouldn't be where they are today without them. But I also know the type of stuff we plan to do will knock the socks off of anyone who sees it. Let's just hope they come.


This coming week, Rob and I will be joined by Jeff and Stephanie to see Moline High School's production of Cabaret. 15 years ago, I had my first leading role in a musical as Cabaret's Fraulein Schneider, and Jeff played the stellar MC. It was Ron May's (he is the MHS choir director) first year at MHS in 1993, and Cabaret was his first show. It was the last time I've worked on stage with Jeff, and I think it will be a real treat for us to go and see it together! Much the fashion as it was 15 years ago, we've planned to head to the VI afterward for pie and coffee. Ah, I will feel 16 all over again.

Rob and I grilled out this evening, which was a real treat with the 70 degree sunny day. Summer is coming. I can feel it. To celebrate the impending warm temps, we headed to Country Style for some ice cream. While Whitey's has it's merits, CS is just as good, and has quite a loyal following.



Am busy taking some promotional shots for Elegies. Included in our promo shots will be photos of "My Dogs". Aren't they adorable?

Mr. Fuzzy


Ms. B

No comments: