Saturday, April 19, 2008

WTF??



I awoke this morning at 8AM, on my day off. What the hell? Ah well, I'm letting Rob sleep in, and I'm enjoying my coffee, blogging and cuddling with my two amazing dogs. Now, if only it were sunny...

Apparently yesterday we had an earthquake, at 5:30 in the morning or something. Weird. While living in California, we experienced many earthquakes. It was an amazing thing to feel, after hearing about them for years. We lived just miles from a fault line that sat in the ocean, just a few miles off the coast of Ferndale. So it was pretty common there. Quite scary. But I didn't feel a thing yesterday! Neither the first nor the aftershock at 10:15. Ah well.

A friend of mine who is a blogger recently told me of his problems with an anonymous poster slamming him about something really trivial. I related my story to him about my own anonymous poster(s) back in the fall, and we agreed how sad it is, what the internet has done to our society. People who would be chicken to say things to your face now have the opportunities to unleash their negativity into the world. Yuck. We both found that idea quite sad. I told him about my secret weapon that allows me to see who checks my blog, at what time, how long they stay, and where they work. It's really quite awesome. And yes, Anonymous still checks my blog, most days of the week. I really wonder why, since they seem to dislike me so much.

Elegies opens in 4 weeks. What in the world have I gotten myself into...

No comments: