Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Week in Review

Hello kittens...

Life is finally starting to get back to normal after the horrendous sickness that plagued our house for nearly two weeks.

By last Wednesday, I was somewhat well enough to head back out into the world and teach my Kindermusik classes, but I'm sure I scared many of the mothers into thinking I was going to pass on the disgusting-ness I was carrying around with me. Thursday, I felt pretty good, which after an illness, is often times not a good thing. I taught two Kindermusik classes in the morning, then went on to teach for 5 hours, then off to rehearsal for Bryan's musical. Needless to say, I was pretty dead on my feet Friday. I just pushed myself way too hard.

Saturday night was the premiere of Bryan's musical, Rhapsody to the Other Side, which we performed at The Green Room. My pal Ann was in town from Arizona for a friend's baby shower, so she came out to see the show, then out to the Blue Cat after for a snack and some beers.

Sunday we rehearsed for our Sondheim cabaret, which is coming up this Saturday night at The Green Room, and last night, had our first get-together for Elegies.

Yep. I'm exhausted.

Have been back to the gym, which has helped immensly. Plus, I'm a butt watcher, which always makes life a little better. For instance...

There is this guy who works out on the same floor as I at the Y. He's probably in his late 30's or so. Nice-looking guy, but man does he have a butt on him. Yowza. While I do my walking, then my 30 mins. on the elliptical machine, he does his cycling. I could watch him all day. Nice.

In other random news, P is heading off to the Air Force this week. Humph. A few people who read this blog know of P, who he is, and why I seem to hold this sort of longing for him. For as long as I live, I will always have a mad crush on him, married or not. As a staunch liberal who fears the organization of the military in this country, it scares me, his going off into the AF. (While P and I aren't, and were never that close, I've always had a strong pull to him, for reasons I don't understand, and frankly, don't try to. It would ruin it for me.) I enjoy who P is. This will change him, sure, in so many ways. And how? When he is finished with his service in the AF, who will he be? P and I have had many conversations about this very subject. He has always felt a longing to be a part of something like this. Something greater. You'd have to hear him tell it to you, as I wouldn't be able to do it justice. Despite my reservations about the military, I do realize how important this is to him, and how excited he must be to finally be fulfilling a dream of his. Good Luck, P-dub.

No comments: