Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week in Review

Dear readers, I wish I had the time this week to blog about whatnot. But it's been so busy I can barely think straight.

Elegies rehearsals are going great. I am glad I picked a (somewhat!) easy show for the first one. I've got some stellar musicians and singers, and their acting skills are pretty great, too. I took our headshot/promo photos this week, and I am excited to see how the SLR shots turn out. The digitals are pretty nice, too.


Looking Up


Am trying not to sweat the small details. Those details meaning space issues (lighting, props, set pieces, etc) and focus on the big details, like how the show looks and sounds!

This week, we've rehearsed every other night, and when not rehearsing for this, I was doing other important things. Like the first read-thru for my one act, The Third Date, which will be performed by Jess and Jake at Green Room's One Act Festival in a few weeks. I am so excited to really start working it this week, as I've got some great actors for my fledgling little script.

And on Thursday, Rob, Jeff, Steph and I headed over to MHS for their spring musical Cabaret. Jeff and I both starred in this Kander and Ebb show 15 years ago, and it was great fun to see it. We were quite nostalgic most the night, talking actor-smack and reliving some of our favorite moments. What fun!

It's been a relatively quiet weekend, which has been really quite nice. Debated on auditioning for Full Monty over at Circa, but decided against. I think after the summer, I may need a little break for a while. Plus, Rob and I are still concentrating on baby making, and that is much more important to me than a show.

Ciao, kittens.

No comments: