Thursday, April 05, 2007

Missing the Nati


Taking a cue from Miss Emma, I too have been missing Cincinnati. I always loved Nati in the Spring. Despite the allergens to just about everything imaginable, the smog, and the insanely conservative political/religious vibe, I miss the ol' girl. Citybeat, the local independant weekly, just posted their annual Best of Cincinnati, which include many of my best memories of the city. They include, but are not limited to-

-Dining al fresco at Mitchell's Fish Market, Newport on the Levee
-Mardi Gras at One Eyed Jacks, Mt. Lookout (although it's not called OEJ's anymore)
-Appletini's at Maryoke, Hamburger Mary's (now Universal Grille), downtown
-Lunch in Northside, then shopping
-Hummus and salad plate at Reality Tuesday Cafe, Park Hills, KY
-Being able to see great theatre anywhere, anytime, for any price
-Pad Sea Ewe at Ruthai's, Mt. Lookout
-Visits from Sparky, the white chihuahua neighbor who liked to flirt with Maddy
-Marijuana stories from Mike, our stoner neighbor from across the street
-Morning walks in the summer to get our bagel and coffee
-Brunch on Sunday mornings with Chuck's gang
-The first snowfall, and they cancel school
-York Street Cafe, Newport, KY
-Fast drivers
-Cast parties
-Devou Park, Covington, KY
-Thrift shopping
-Mainstrasse

Most importantly, I miss the people... my friends. You can't live somewhere for four years and then sever all connections. I miss you guys. More than you can imagine, I miss you. I'll be there soon.

1 comment:

AE said...

Ooh, I also really miss Sammy, the golden retriever on my old street corner. Everyone in Mt. Lookout loves Sammy. I hope he's doing OK.