Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Silver Lining

There is a spring in my step today. It rained this morning, as it usually does every morning, then the clouds moved to reveal the sun. It's sunny more than rainy now, which definately improves things around here. But something happened last night that changed everything....

I slept.

When I crawled into bed at 10:30 last night, I thought I was in for the long haul. Sunday night, I lie awake until 1am, unable to shut my brain down. I finally got on the couch and watched news for an hour before I finally fell asleep at 2:30. Monday, I forced sleep by taking a Benedryl, but woke yesterday a tad groggy. However, I got into bed last night, a fat dog on one side and a husband on the other. I was snuggled in. And I fell asleep. Not a single thought running through my head. Not the entire score to The Last Five Years. Not thoughts of what we will do when we visit Nati in 7 weeks. Not of what our chances of getting a rental house instead of an apartment when we get to Illinois. Nothing. Just the pure, sweet release of sleep. I woke at 1am with the extreme urge to pee, and I did just that, but back to bed I went, and right back to sleep.

I woke this morning in our bright bedroom, fat dog still next to me snoring loudly, and I smiled. I can't believe it. The first night in what, a month, that I actually slept? Finally. I think my meds are starting to work. Plus, I'm so excited to get to Nati on June 6! Totally rad.

No comments: