Friday, April 06, 2007

Sublime


This photo was taken on the drive through the endless Bonneville Salt Flats, just outside Salt Lake City, UT on our trip here last year. I love this shot. The Salt Flats seriously are endless- like a road to nowhere. All around you for 120 miles is earth covered in salt. You can see the looming Nevada mountains ahead, but you never quite reach them. Bored out of my skull, I cranked the Zeppelin and was lucky enough to get this shot. I love the look on ol' cracked-out Maddy's face. The perfect shot.

Today begins 10 days of doing nothing- I am on Spring Break. This photo is how I feel about having 10 days off. Plus, it's been sunny here all week, with the exception of last night/this morning, when it was gray and foggy. It's sunny and 70 today. This is the kind of California I like.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I might not love AC/DC, but I do like Zepplin...

Love the picture - how on earth did you take it???

-Tracy

ACE said...

I had my digital ready to go at all times- I just held the cam in my left hand (while on the steering wheel) and took the shot.