Tuesday, October 23, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Guy

If you scroll down, you will be able to read my blog post entitled "An Open Letter..." to this Cyber-Stalker I have dealt with in the past weeks. If you click on the Comments, you will find another nasty one aimed right at me. Or, here...

"Since I spent time with you last week, the thought of spending this Saturday with you sounds quite nauseating."

You can see in my post that I have gone out of my way to be nice, to understand this person and why they feel the way they do about me. But it is clear that this person isn't out to play nice. They are just, quite simply, mean.

Let me say this, Anonymous. I can count the number of people I spent time with last week on my fingers, and I'm sure I know who you are. So I ask, why in the world do you feel the need to be so hurtful to me, then turn around and be so nice and sweet to my face? You've just proved my point at how infantile, small, unprofessional, sad and bitter you are about something I APOLOGIZED FOR and have since retracted. Please let this go. I never once "bashed the QC music community", and I never claimed to be the "end-all-be-all" of singers, voice teachers, artists or anything of the like in that first post all those weeks ago. And if that was what you thought I was saying, then I'm sorry you misunderstood me. I was pissed and frustrated, and please, understand, a blog is a pressure valve to release those frustrations. I never intended to piss anyone off, I was merely trying to vent annoyances of MINE.

I hate what the Internet has done. There are millions of people out there in the world with blogs, voicing their own opinions on their own space, and shit like this happens. Apparently I'm not allowed to have opinions about ANYTHING without being slapped on the hand for it. Like hating California (yes, I saw you out there in Humboldt County). That was MY prerogative to hate it if I wanted. I think republicans are dicks in suits. I may hate a play or musical. Or a specific kind of food. I hate Cole slaw! There, I said it. Will I get postings now from a million bloggers who think I'm a bitch because I can't eat mayonnaise-based salads?

I talked to a mutual friend of ours today, anonymous, who is pissed and embarrassed at your behavior. This friend can't believe they are involved with you in the least, and I, frankly, can't either. Because when you are around me, you feign like we are friends (or in the least, acquaintances), then you turn around and do something like this. How can you be so two-faced? At least if I feel a certain way about someone, I'm not afraid to confront them about it. So how 'bout it? You obviously feel this rancid energy toward me. Why don't you do the same and send me an email or call me and tell me what an asshole you think I am. Because if you don't, I (and the entire blogging community) will forever know what a coward you are for not doing so.

I am sorry you continue to feel such hostility toward me. I think if you got to know me, you might feel otherwise. I went out of my way to extend an invitation to you to begin to understand each other and create some positive energy. Because of this, I never want to see you bash anything I say ever again, whether it be here, on a theatre review or anywhere. You have no room to do any such thing anymore after this. And if what I say upsets you so much, please discontinue to read my blog.

Incidentally, I'll still be at the Blue Cat on Saturday, should you decide to show up.

3 comments:

rob said...

How dare you bash cole slaw!!! Yummy bits of cabbage smothered in Mayonnaise!!! What's not to like??? You nauseate me!!!

Unknown said...

My hubby hates coleslaw, too. You're both evil human beings!!

q... said...

But, but but I like coleslaw.
sigh.
Guess we can still be friends...
*kicks dirt and shrugs shoulders*
;)