Saturday, October 06, 2007

Week in Review

I had a moment of bliss yesterday. While I consider myself a pretty happy person, moments of actual bliss are, at times, far and few between as of late. But Friday morning was all mine. Living in the Quad Cities, and subsequently on the Mississippi River, we are overjoyed to have a bike path that follows the length of the mighty girl, on both sides of the river. I'm not sure how far it stretches on the Illinois side. To Savannah, I think (but don't quote me), which is a long 70 miles northeast of us. It is quite a beautiful sight for sure. Each morning, I take 30-45 minutes and get my daily walk down at Ben Butterworth Parkway on the Moline side of the river. It's only about 3 minutes from my house, and a great way to get in my exercise. Armed with my mp3 player and some time to kill, I joined my fellow walkers, runners and cyclists at the river.

Maybe it's the music. Maybe it's the fact that the sun shines here ALL THE TIME (as opposed to California, where I took my sunshine when I could). But with Pete Townshend's Let my love open the door, I had this overwhelming sense of joy. Just happiness. It was nice. Maybe it was because of this...



Yes friends, the company is now incorporated, and yesterday I sent in all my paperwork to be approved for tax-exempt (non-profit) status with the IRS. Do you know what this means?? I'm done!!! YAY!!!! Everything is completed and now... I wait. I hear it takes a few months to get approved, which is fine. I am in no hurry. With our first shows going up not until the summer, we've got the time to just hang.


Rob and I went to our second Weight Watchers meeting today to weigh in. This past week, I've been quite good to myself. I'm drinking close to a gallon of water a day (yes, I have to pee about every half hour), getting in all my fruits and vegies, and I'm doing good for myself. We treated ourselves to a Whitey's Ice Cream cone last night. Anyway, this morning, I knew I had lost some weight, but I wasn't sure how much. I ended up losing 2.6 pounds since last Saturday! Holy shit! Now, I'm sure it's probably all water, but I'll take my victories where I can. Will probably not be as thin as I would've liked for my 30th birthday (next Sunday, the 14th), but I'm getting there. To reach my goal weight, I need to lose another 13 pounds. I think I can do it.

No comments: