Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ouch.

We need a new bed. I think we needed a new bed about a year ago. We purchased our king-sized Durango (isn't that a truck?) from Denver Mattress back in the fall of 2001. It is a pillow-top monstrosity that used to be our personal savior. But, after 4 moves in 6 years (I'm not kidding) and sleeping on it for 2,190 nights, the ol' girl is ready for the burn pile.

I know this because recently, I wake up tired. I feel like I don't sleep, and honestly, I don't think I do. I toss and turn all night, with intermittent dozing from 11pm to 8am. I am a light sleeper, so this could be expected. But even Rob is feeling the burn. He isn't sleeping much either.

We are looking into a Sleep Number Bed. My chiropractor brother-in-law and sister have one, and I'm sure they are loving it. When Rob auditioned at Augie back in February, he stayed at the Radisson and slept on one. We made a visit over to Northpark the other day, where there is a Select Comfort store. I must have a Sleep Number bed. They might cost me my first-borne child, but at this point, I'll give anything for a good nights sleep.

Halloween is tomorrow, and we are looking forward to having trick-or-treaters! We finally live on a street with lots of kids. Although it's been hard, not eating the Halloween candy that is haunting a cupboard in my kitchen. I just keep thinking "size 8's, Al. Size 8's", and that pretty much does the trick.

Rob and I hit Randy and Vicki's party on Saturday (Yes, since I figured out who my cyber-stalker was, we opted not to go to the Blue Cat. I'd rather gouge my eye out with a spoon, thank you very much) and had a blast. There were lots of fun Augie people there, as well as Randall and Vicki's adorable three children, Rylan, Rachel and Hannah. I didn't get enough pics as I was having too much fun, but here are a few we got in the midst.





Next Thursday the 8th, I head out on the road for the Nati. I'll be meeting with Pat for a voice lesson, seeing my old student Jess, having dinner with Pat, then seeing my dear pal Matt in CMT's Follies. I'll be staying with Matt and Jason again (love those guys!) and cannot wait. I have an appointment with my old stylist Nikki (she really is a goddess), dinner with my baby Chuck, and a cocktail party at Below Zero with all my Nati friends. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

q... said...

Ok...that wig is just plain HOT on you!! You two look great!